Re: openat/fstatat functions implementation

> There is already an fstatat in the wild: [...]
> I would tend to recommend that we not use that name unless we use
> basically the semantics of the existing one.

Unless I've totally missed something, that is exactly what fstatat()
and openat() do - clone externally-invented and -specified semantics.
(Or at least what they're _intended_ to do; bugs are a fact of life.)

That's also why the horrible names, I suspect: someone said, upthread,
that these are POSIX-specified.

\ / Ribbon Campaign