Re: tstile syndrome

Hi,

For what it may be worth, as someone working on an out-of-tree filesystem which
will have to survive a netbsd vnode locking transition should this change
occur, I don't feel particularly eager to see vnode locking changing out from
under me.  I wish I understood more clearly what change is actually being
proposed.  The vnode locking paradigm as such seems far from broken, it is a
known quantity, and for many years has been relatively consistent across the
BSD family of kernels, or so it seems to me.

Regards,

Matt

--

Matt Benjamin