Re: Vnode scope implementation

On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 09:08:18PM +0300, Elad Efrat wrote:
 > I've got a feeling that you haven't read the man-page or Apple's
 > TN2127, but anyway--

Is it required to read random Apple docs to understand what you're
doing?

 > > I'd like to see some examples of what this is expected to look like.
 >
 > There are numerous examples of how this will look like: anything that
 > was already converted to kauth(9), pretty much, as well as the ACL
 > examples I've posted not too long ago.

There are no *vnode* examples.

 > > however, when you go to implement you'll find you've left
 > > a few things off here.
 >
 > More than a few. Again, if you will look at TN2127, you'll see that it
 > contains both the definitions you see above as well as several others.
 > I would like to implement them incrementally and not add actions
 > before they're used. This is why my mail says "some actions". This is
 > how kauth(9) was implemented so far.

So you're just taking the set of actions from Apple lock, stock, and
barrel? Or are you planning something else that we won't get to see
until you've committed it?

Either way, I'd like to see the complete set of actions you propose so
it can be checked for completeness and orthogonality.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost