Re: Kernel or userland bug: file descript passing in Postfix

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 03:01:11PM -0400, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> The fix committed in revision 1.2 of unix_recv_fd.c is correct.
> Formerly, Postfix would allocate a buffer of sufficient size and then
> report a potentially smaller size, computed by CMSG_LEN rather than
> CMSG_SPACE, to the kernel, which is not only wrong but doesn't make
> much sense either -- why allocate a buffer of CMSG_SPACE bytes and say
> there are only CMSG_LEN bytes available?  Please do submit the patch
> upstream.

I did that a while ago.

But as the patch apparently breaks other platforms (e.g. HP/UX)
upstream didn't accept it. I suggest to use "#ifdef __NetBSD__"
which refused as well because upstream considers that bad pratice,
at least without version number checks.

        Kind regards