Re: screenblank envsys pseudo device

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 9:45 PM, matthew sporleder
<msporleder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Hi, I wrote a pseudo device that presents an ioctl which triggers an
> envsys event that will eventually make it to powerd.  My original plan
> for this was to add the ioctl to screenblank so I could have powerd
> run vbetool when it blanked the screen.
>
> I have it basically functioning but before I got too crazy trying to
> clean it up I was wondering if anyone else was interesting in this
> sort of thing and if anyone can guide me on a less round-about way of
> accomplishing this.

Okay, I can now flip an ioctl and have powerd execute vbetool but I
ended up hacking my script into /etc/powerd/scripts/sensor_indicator
by having sensor_indicator look for a script named after the device
and re-passing the event.
ex:
critical-under)
        logger -p warning "${0}: ($1) $2 dropped below critical limit
[${3}]" >&1
        if [ -x /etc/powerd/scripts/${1} ]
        then
                logger -p warning "executing ./${1} ${2} ${3}"
                /etc/powerd/scripts/${1} ${2} ${3}
        fi
        exit 0
        ;;

How do I get my device recognized as a top-tier sensor_ script?

Thanks,
Matt