Re: Replacing rnd(4)'s KAUTH_GENERIC_ISSUSER

Christoph Badura wrote:
I'm not a regular reader of tech-kern and I noticed your posts only today.

Elad Efrat <elad <at> NetBSD.org> writes:
I'd like to replace rnd(4)'s KAUTH_GENERIC_ISSUSER use with something
else.

My proposal is to add KAUTH_DEVICE_RND_ with GET, GETPRIV, SETPRIV
(RNDCTL), and ADDDATA, perhaps with a sub authorization wrapper on
the device scope (like we currently use for tty, spec).

Are there any comments regarding/objections to such a change?

You have been posting a number of similar requests recently.  All with
little explanation why you want to make the change.  Are there specific reasons
for making the changes and the choice of interface or are they "just because"?

I'm sorry if it's not clear, but there's no intention for
KAUTH_GENERIC_ISSUSER to remain as a common action used to authorize
operations throughout the kernel.

-e.

-e.