Re: Opencomm: proplib-based syscall

> In fact, fundamentally it is completely the same thing as the current
> model [for mount(2)].  You can just as well pass uint8_t[] read from
> a file and have the same problems and same responsibilities.

> Say the argument is
[compressed vertically -dM]
> struct { a; b; }

> need to add "c", change "a" or remove "b"?

Things that do _not_ happen: adding a "c" starts using uninitialized
memory after the struct; changing "b" to "c" starts using old-userland
"b" values as if they were "c" values.

Yes, some cases will return errors.  But they'll return sensible
errors, not random errors that make no sense unless you look at how
bits are getting reinterpreted (or, worse, non-errors because the
reinterpreted bits made enough sense to be used).

Not that I like proplib (and XML more generally); I don't.  But this
actually is one case where it gets things righter than the old way.

\ / Ribbon Campaign