Re: Socket credentials (take 2)

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 3:13 AM, YAMAMOTO Takashi
<yamt%mwd.biglobe.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
> hi,
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A while ago I proposed to add credentials to sockets. Looking back at
>> the thread:
>>
>>     http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2006/07/21/0002.html
>>
>> I see there were no objections, yet the thread just died.
>>
>> I would like to add them now.
>
> have you sorted out the "calling kauth_cred_free() in interrupt context"
> problem since then?

I didn't touch the code, but can you remind me what was the problem?

More specifically, is there an issue with the current code when we'll
be freeing (on refcount == 0) a kauth_cred_t in interrupt context? if
yes, can we determine we're in an interrupt context and perhaps
implement some kind of "garbage collection" (mark the kauth_cred_t for
freeing, put it in some queue)? or is there a different solution? or
am I missing the problem? :)

Thanks,

-e.