vaccess() and ntfs_access() and...

Hi,

It looks like vaccess() in and ntfs_access() are mostly the same,
except for:

  1. ntfs_access() disallows writing to a read-only file-system unless
     writing to a socket, fifo, or a block device

  2. vaccess() requires at least one exec bit to allow execution (for
     the superuser)

Are we interested in uniting them, ie., make vaccess() enforce #1 and
ntfs care about #2? (so we can just call vaccess() from ntfs_access()
like all other file-systems)

Speaking of all other file-systems, is there a reason some don't care
if the file-system is read-only and some do? and among those who do,
some care about the vnode type (VREG, VDIR, ...) and some don't? and
that some use the file-system node (FSNAME_VTOI(vp)) to get the
uid/gid etc., and some VOP_GETATTR()?

Thanks,

-e.