Re: panic: init died (signal 0, exit 12) during booting

In article <>,
newbie  <> wrote:
>Hi All,
>I am trying to bring up NetBSD-5_RC2 on an ARM based platform (upto
>serial console). Currently I am using ramdisk as the root file system
>and Cygwin as the development host.
>I am getting the following panic during initial boot.
>panic: init died (signal 0, exit 12).
>What are the reasons to get this panic? Any hints and suggestions would
>be appreciated.

init seems to want to execute a system call that the kernel does not support.
perhaps you are running a newer userland? Put a printf in syscall.c to print
the number of the syscall you are running, and the last one printed will be
the one not supported.