Re: TSC clock going backwards on suspend/resume

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 09:10:48PM +0100, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> For the cleanup -- the freq/skew variables in cpu_info
> are only used by x86, so this should be moved into
> the md part. (There is some code in kern/kern_cctr.c
> which does similar things but has its own variables.
> It is only used by alpha and arm afaics.)

The intent was for them to be used by all ports with a locked cycle counter,
and then exported via a machine-independent commpage. As I mentioned it's
not possible to sync cycle counters once the system is up and running, at
least by shifting data about, so the current cctr code is broken.