Re: Implementation of POSIX shared memory objects

yamt%mwd.biglobe.ne.jp@localhost (YAMAMOTO Takashi) wrote:
> hi,
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Here is the implementation of POSIX shared memory objects:
> >
> > http://www.netbsd.org/~rmind/shm_memobj.diff
> >
> > Please review.
>
> why did you choose to implement it in kernel?

- Some support from kernel would still be needed, eg. hooks to create and
  unlink the object (note that object might stay with the data, even if
  there are no references i.e. it's removed only after shm_unlink).

- While some management of objects could be in the userland, I do not really
  see the point in splitting some parts to userland and some to kernel. Now
  code is clean and in one place (and it could be a module anyway).

Why? :)

--
Best regards,
Mindaugas