Re: UVM/genfs review

Joerg Sonnenberger writes:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 09:12:55PM +0100, Juergen Hannken-Illjes wrote:
> > Just for the records, still strong objection from me.  As I told you before
> > this would bring back a deadlock (see Rev. 1.12 of genfs_io.c).
>
> >From testing, this isn't my biggest problem with this combination. On an
> active filesystem, I got twice a panic when trying to configure fss. Not
> sure what it was the first time, the second it was "snapacct: bad
> block". Otherwise it seems to be good enough to run a backup during a
> bulk build.

So where are we at on this?  Does the deadlock that Juergen refers to
occur only with fss+wapbl or with fss+other as well?  If only the
former, and we get the patch in, call fss+wapbl explicitly not
supported, and hope to get it fixed in -current (and pulled up for
5.1 or something)?

Thanks.

Later...

Greg Oster