Re: Your post to

"Mukosi Mukwevho" <> writes:

> As part of the research studies that I am doing, I need to be able to
> simulate the ealier version of TCP (as per RFC 793), that&nbsp;means
> running TCP stack&nbsp;without congestion control algorithms. How can
> I run TCP stack on NetBSD without the support of TCP Congestion
> Control Algorithms, i.e. Slow Start, Cogestion Avoidance, Fast
> Retransmit and Fast Recovery?

You are repeatedly asking the same question of multiple people and
apparently on multiple lists - this practice does not conform to our
mailing list norms.  The answer is clear: you have to read the source
code and figure it out.  Because you say you are in a MS program, pretty
much everyone here expects you to do the necessary work to understand
things.  If you ask a specific question about a tricky bit, then you'll
likely get a more detailed response.  But people here are very wary of
doing other people's homework - these sorts of queries come in all the

If it took you a month of reading code that would be in my view fine -
that's certainly what I did when I was a grad student.  Although back in
those days, we didn't have NetBSD, just 4.2BSD, and that only after
having to take a UNIBUS to the office.