Re: Proposal: B_ARRIER (addresses wapbl performance?)

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 02:37:19PM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> >But if you end up issuing most write commands FUA, you're in the
> >same case
> >as with the write cache disabled.
>

> Why would you do this?

Because the ordering constraint bewteen journal and other writes are
both way, the way I understand it: some "other writes" have to happen
before some journal writes, and some "other writes" have to happen
after some journal writes.  I guess this doens't leave much writes with
no ordered contraints.