Re: Proposal: B_ARRIER (addresses wapbl performance?)

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 10:41:47PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> I don't think it's so simple. I think there's also metadata writes that
> needs to happen *before* journal writes.

Not metadata, but potentially file data. There is a (major?) bug right
now that newly allocated blocks are not written before the allocation is
journalled, so that after a crash they can contain invalid data. The
only other constraints are a side effect of the current atomicy
requirement.

Joerg