Re: Proposal: B_ARRIER (addresses wapbl performance?)

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 07:37:46PM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Nov 4, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Bill Stouder-Studenmund wrote:
>> My biggest concern with the tag use is that your barrier mixes in with
>> ALL
>> the outstanding i/o. Even reads.
> Not just "i/o"... even commands like inquiry....

No -- inquiries, reservations and the like are "implicit HEAD OF QUEUE"
commands, at least as I read the standard.

Thor Lancelot Simon
    "Even experienced UNIX users occasionally enter rm *.* at the UNIX
     prompt only to realize too late that they have removed the wrong
     segment of the directory structure." - Microsoft WSS whitepaper