raidframe oddity

I have a 9-disk RAIDframe RAID5 of a little over 7.25TB, on i386 4.0.
Back on Tuesday the 2nd, I set it up and started the parity
initialization.  It just finished.

The interesting thing is, it finished at 87% done, with over 11 hours
supposedly yet to go:

[Backup - root] 128> raidctl -S raid0
Reconstruction is 100% complete.
Parity Re-write is 0% complete.
Copyback is 100% complete.
Parity Re-write status:
[Backup - root] 129> raidctl -S raid0
Reconstruction is 100% complete.
Parity Re-write is 100% complete.
Copyback is 100% complete.
[Backup - root] 130>

Any ideas why such a severe mismatch between estimate and reality, and
whether it indicates anything that could actually cause trouble?

\ / Ribbon Campaign