Re: Path to kmods

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:33:09AM +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:

> The x86 interrupt code needs a complete rework. The xen interrupt code
> must be able to coexist with any native interrupt code if we ever want
> to have NetBSD with paravirtualized drivers as Xen HVM guest.

Sure. But this doesn't mean that the types, inline functions, etc ... used
for native and PV kernels are the same (this is the difference between
API and ABI). I even think it'd be hard to have them the same, unless we
define them to be opaque pointers. But I guess this will add a mesureable
overhead to critical paths.

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost