Re: rfc: high-resolution timer framework

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 02:38:55PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 12:10:28PM +0000, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:
> > Any concerns on this patch?
>
> Hooking this into timecounters is a completely wrong abstraction.
> I'm fine with the userland side, but the kernel internals are simply
> wrong.
Personally, I don't see why. Or, IOW, reasons for introducing a new
interface for the same sort of thing.
And this can always be changed, I take it, there's a long way ahead before
6.0, so why shouldn't we have this in the tree and tested early?

Regards,
--
Alex