Re: Proposal: B_ARRIER (addresses wapbl performance?)

> I'd like to propose a new buffer flag, B_ARRIER.

I'd actually suggest another name.  As clever and amusing as I find
that name, being amusing and clever is not the job of the B_* flag
names; being clear strikes me as substantially more important.  It took
me, who grew up speaking English, a few seconds to figure out what it
was supposed to be.  Someone who is not fully fluent in English would
probably have substantially more trouble.

I'd suggest B_BARRIER.

> "Even experienced UNIX users occasionally enter rm *.* at the UNIX
>  prompt only to realize too late that they have removed the wrong
>  segment of the directory structure." - Microsoft WSS whitepaper

I find that particularly amusing because I can't recall ever running
"rm *.*" even deliberately; removing everything with a dot in its name
and nothing else is...not a common operation for me.  (Now, if they'd
said "rm -f *".... :-)

\ / Ribbon Campaign