kernel memory consumption

I have done some measurement of the kernel runtime memory consumption on ARM. Here is the link to my report in the NetBSD wiki:

There are a couple of questions:

1. How to explain, that the value goes back but not to the starting level?

2. How to explain the peak at the first "!"-mark?

3. How to explain that the value is going very deep (but again --- not so deep as the starting level) *after* the first "!"-mark?

4. And last but not least --- any comments and suggestions are welcome!

Best regards,

Ilya Dogolazky