Re: porting ZFS

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 05:52:11PM -0400, Neel Sheyal wrote:
> Hi,
>       I would like to port ZFS to NetBSD. While I noticed that
> something along this line was initially started as part of a GSoC
> project, I have really no idea on what it's status is.
> Do you folks think this is something the community will be interested in ?
>
> Personally I feel ZFS is something that NetBSD should have in it's
> armor. And may be we can even make it better since we have a modular
> uvm structure in place.
>
> Please let me know and based on the responses I may be able to start
> off from this week !

Rather than trying to start from the Summer of Code work, which was not
complete and has been abandoned by its author, if I were you I would get
in touch with Andrew Doran and ask about his partial port of ZFS from a
few months ago.  He can probably also offer you some useful advice on how
to continue it.

Thor