Re: Replace gcc-specific __attribute__

On Sep 3, 2008, at 5:40 AM, Gregory McGarry wrote:

I have a patch to replace most uses of gcc-specific __attribute__ with the BSD sys/cdef.h preprocessor macros. The most common substitution is __attribute__((packed)) with __packed. These changes are mostly mechanical and are a large step towards compiling the kernel with PCC.

It would be nice to have these changes before the 5.0 release, but I'm not too concerned. Should they go in?

It sounds OK to me... but I guess I'm wondering why PCC's attributes aren't more compatible with GCC?

The patch is here:

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/gmcgarry/attribute.patch

-- thorpej