Re: ataraid(4) and VOP_OPENing the same block device

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 05:37:32PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 05:24:33AM +0200, Juan Romero Pardines wrote:
>  > But the problem is that I can't use multiple volumes, because this VOP_OPEN
>  > in ld_ataraid.c returns EBUSY:
> I think what you want to do is have ataraid export a device for each
> volume, e.g. raidset0/raidset1/..., and then attach ld to those.

Yes.  Otherwise you're likely to run afoul of the security policy, too.

Thor Lancelot Simon
 "My guess is that the minimal training typically provided would only
 have given the party in question multiple new and elaborate ways to do
 something incomprehensibly stupid and dangerous."      -Rich Goldstone