Re: Device driver writing ideas for a beginner

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Stathis Kamperis wrote:
Now I'd like to move to the next level and perhaps turn this dummy
driver into something useful, such as report a kernel statistic or
expose a kernel interface to userland. I have zero knowledge upon
kernel's design and implementation, but I am willing to read. Any
ideas/hints would be highly appreciated.

If nothing else, at least the proplib part sounds very interesting to be merged into http://www.netbsd.org/docs/kernel/ddwg.html. I guess that guide could use some check if it's still upto-date in general...

Not a coding job, but I think it's still useful.

 - Hubert