Re: bwi(4): Broadcom AirForce BCM43xx IEEE 802.11b/g wifi driver

   Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:05:54 -0400
   From: Michael Lorenz <>

   Cool, thanks for doing this!
   I'll give it a shot on my iBook G4 and commit it unless someone beats
   me to it.

Excellent, thanks!  I've put two kernels up for folks who would like
to test this -- one based on a pretty recent netbsd-4, and one based
on HEAD as of last night.  They're at

Both boot on my PowerBook G4 and talk with my AirPort Extreme card
(BCM4306), well enough to associate with an access point and send
packets to my MacBook; I'm using nbsd4-bwi.gz right now pretty
successfully.  They were both configured with

options         DIAGNOSTIC
options         DEBUG
makeoptions     DEBUG="-g"
options         OFB_ENABLE_CACHE
bwi*    at pci? dev ? function ?

I set OFB_ENABLE_CACHE because the console was too painfully slow for
me to work with it while debugging.  So if you're running a rev. A-D
iMac, or any other machine on which the option is sketchy, you may not
want to use these kernels.  bwi(4) will by default be extremely
verbose -- all debugging flags are enabled except for interrupts --,
but you can turn this off with `sysctl -w hw.bwi0.debug=0'.

If you test this, please let me know how it goes!