Re: Xen 3.3: Problem HVM guest

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 06:57:15PM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:
OK, so 0x9c1ff167 is really the complete pte value. This would make it
point to a physical address at 2497MB. Do you have that much memory in this
box ?
Yes. It has 4GB.

OK, so we have a valid pte entry, pointing to valid memory, for the
affected VA; yet writing to the VA seems to cause a fault.

Debugging the trap handler, I figured out there are two kinds of traps
happening:  ASTFLT and PAGEFLT. Latter happens due to write access to
the VA.

The only remaining issue I can see is that we would be updating the wrong pmap.
but I can't see how it could happen for this case, and not for the
other IOCTL_PRIVCMD_MMAP users ...

Christoph