Re: rfc: C99 style of the uintN_t types

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 13:26:11 +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote:

> I've looked to the share/misc/style and observed recommended style for
> C99 unsigned fixed width types.
[...]
> Proposal is to fix current code base to recommended style accordingly.
> The simple script can do it, f.e. for sys/arch:
>   find sys/arch -type f | grep -vw CVS | xargs perl -pi -e
> 's,u_(int\d+_t),u$1,g'

I think there's no pressing need to go to c99 types that would warrant
a bulk conversion.  Also, iirc, some of that is 3rd party code, and we
need to be careful not to introduce unnecessary diffs with the
original.

Current policy w.r.t. u_ types is to "fix them as you go", i.e. if you
want to make changes to a file with u_ types, you might as well
convert it to use c99 u types (in a separate commit).  That way the
churn is minimized, and that the change is actually verified.

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost                       |       Zu Grunde kommen
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen