Re: revivesa status 2008/07/09

      Jason Thorpe <thorpej%shagadelic.org@localhost> said:

>> <pipeline.gif>

> I don't see a "netbsd-1:1" in that chart.

Yes, of course, because it was measured 5 years ago.
There wasn't netbsd-1:1 at that age.

But I'm sure that netbsd-1:1 is slower than netbsd-SA, since all
1:1 implementations require kernel/userland context switch,
while userland implementations and SA don't need it at all.
There is no reason that netbsd-1:1 can be comparable with netbsd-SA
in this particular benchmark.

Probably netbsd-1:1 will be equal to redhat9-nptl at best, or perhaps
slower than that in this benchmark.

When revivesa is merged into the main trunk, I can measure this
benchmark against both netbsd-1:1 and netbsd-SA under equal condition.
--
soda