Re: Subfile GSoC Mid-Checkpoint Status

On Wednesday 16 July 2008 2:52:10 pm Bill Stouder-Studenmund wrote:
> Other operating systems have similar functionality. Why are you rolling
> new syntax? Your subfile_open() looks like the same thing as Solaris's
> attropen().

This was part of the original suggested project on the web site.   I think it
is too late in the GSOC process to be worrying about the actual interface.
Adam needs to concentrate on getting subfiles working, not on the final
interface.   I suspect that this could be a very cosmetic change if we
decide in import his work after the GSOC.   At that time we can make the
decision as to use the interface initially listed by the NetBSD web site
or choose another interface like the solaris one.

--Phil

--
Phil Nelson (phil at cs.wwu.edu) http://www.cs.wwu.edu/nelson
NetBSD: http://www.NetBSD.org  Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu