Re: rfc: high-resolution timer framework

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 03:25:40PM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
> Hi,
Hi,

I have an updated version [1] now, which addresses most of the issues you
pointed out. However, I wasn't yet able find a suitable solution for the
locking problem around kpsignal() call. Otherwise, it should be much
better now.

It also occured to me that the whole 'struct ptimer' thing can be
converted to use itimerspec instead of itimerval for storing
time-related things, and only setitimer()/getitimer() would have to
perform TIMESPEC_TO_TIMEVAL() conversion, which I suppose will result in
slightly cleaner code. I can come up with a patch a bit later on.

[1]: http://koowaldah.org/people/ash/netbsd/140708/

Regards,
--
Alex