Re: Removing softdep

On Jun 6, 2008, at 4:55 PM, Martin Husemann wrote:

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 12:11:57AM +0100, Andrew Doran wrote:
So, I propose to remove softdep when we import the journalling code, and to
go forward with the focus on improving journalling.

I agree with this in principle, but as an admin running file systems with
softdeps now (netbsd-4 mostly, and never experienced any problems with
softdeps) this migration would force me to dump, newfs and restore serious
amounts of data, so would be a huge pain.

Presumably, there would be a migration path that did not require a newfs step.

Martin

-- thorpej