Re: ath0 patches for Eee PC

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 03:25:45PM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> >Upgrading to yesterday's 4.99.64/i386, I saw that the patches
> >referenced in the NetBSD Eee PC support page for the ath0
> >interface are not included in the source tree.
> >
> >Is this expected or has submit been forgotten ?
>
> The HAL for the ath in the Eee is a) i386-only and b) incompatible with
> other ath devices. So no, it's not been committed.

So wouldn't this be considered just another machine specific driver, like
the many others that are already in the tree?

> Hopefully there will be an official all-encompassing release in the
> future at some time.
  Is it actually possible to have an all-encompassing HAL for the ath?
I got the impression that is wasn't.  (not that I've really been paying
all that much attention to what's being going on with it, since I don't
have an Eee PC)

eric