Re: Removing LKMs

On Sat, 31 May 2008, Andrew Doran wrote:
After 5.0 is branched I would like to remove the LKM code and switch on the
new module code by default. It will be easier to work with and test, and so
we can make progress on it.

Comments?

Hard to tell from a distance... no objections, but I think it would be nice to have some description of what's new/better/different in the new framework.

Also: What's the replacement for lkm.4?

And: Would it make sense to mark the LKM framework as deprecated for 5.0?
Or should that happen for 6.0?

 - Hubert