Re: Bug fix for PR 26470 for review

On 24 May 2008, at 09:39 , Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
Hi all,
attached patch fixes a problem that settimeofday with short period
timers will loop in the kernel for a long time. The attached patch
differs from the version in the PR slightly as it will do the sanest
possible thing if the time ever goes back. I am not sure if that can
happen at that point, but better be correct.

Any comments?

That might fix the symptom but I think a better fix for the problem
would be to keep interval timers in terms of uptime (i.e. getmicrouptime())
instead of time.  Then they'd be unaffected by calls to settimeofday(),
and you'd fix not only the kernel looping but also the imprecise interval
you'll still have when settimeofday() is used.

Dennis Ferguson