Re: Change from BSDL to GPL?

On Mon, 5 May 2008, hlwhyw%shtel.net.cn@localhost wrote:
I know that 4.4BSD-Lite is BSD Licenced. Is it
legal to port BSD Licenced code and change it to
GPL licence?

To quote the BSD License:

         * are met:
--->  * 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
--->  *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

I.d. you must not change the license. See GPLv2's #2b for the problem that arises.

 - Hubert