Re: ??:Re: Change from BSDL to GPL?

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 10:01:26AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 10:27:26AM +0800, hlwhyw%shtel.net.cn@localhost wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I mean that I reserve the original BSD licence.
> > Except that I append a GPL licence at the end of
> > BSD licence in source code.
>
> Why would you add a license?
> If you add serious amounts of code, you could add a license for that
> additional code, but of course you can not re-license the existing code
> as you are not the copyright holder.

I think he's thinking about the virus part of the GPL. In this case,
the answer would be "if the GPL forbids you to combine your GPL CODE
with foreign BSD code, either change *your* code's license (it's yours
after all!) or don't combine them".

As others have pointed out already, you can't change other people's
code's license.

        -is