Re: MODULE_CLASS_DRIVER and locators stuff

On Sat, 03 May 2008 22:05:37 +0900 (JST)
Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/kmodule_drivers.diff
>
> - I don't see why you have to put MODULE_CLASS_DRIVER specific members
>   (mi_cd, mi_cai, mi_cf) into struct modinfo?

Is there any other way to pass them to module_do_load()?

> - How does FreeBSD do?

It seems FreeBSD doesn't use something like our locators, I've looked at
its code and I've reused the DRIVER_MODULE name :-)

I'm not sure there's something on it that we can use...

> - Could you coordinate this with cube's autoconf branch?  (It may be a
>   little out of date though. :)

I could, but I'm only using the code that is available on HEAD.

--
Juan Romero Pardines - xtraeme at gmail|netbsd dot org
        The NetBSD Project

Make your own NetBSD/x86 Live CD:
http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/mklivecd/