Re: rwlock changes

On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 09:54:27PM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:

> What do you think about "Sequential locks" ?

Hmm, given the description I'm not sure why they called it a lock. We use a
similar technique in a few places - for an example see kern_tc.c. Tricks
like this don't really work for VFS (the major user of the rwlock code)
because the code is complicated enough that it's difficult to use anything
other than hard synchronization.