Naming conventions

> [...] names say what *they* do when you call them, rather than what
> *you* do when you call them.

Oooh.  Thank you.  This is a very very good point, and clears up a
nontrivial amount of the vague "I don't like it but I can't quite say
why" feelings I've had about various interfaces over the years.

I've deliberately stripped off the former context (including changing
the Subject:) because I think this point is important enough to be
considered independent of the context you brought it up in.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost