Making a common event daemon to replace powerd(8)

Hey,

I'd like to replace powerd(8) with something that can handle
events from different subsystems, like power management,
environmental system drivers, etc. Because as thorpej@ mentioned
a while ago, the name doesn't match the reality anymore.

Also I'd want to enable it by default (via /etc/defaults/rc.conf)
and use the kernel provided code as last resort.

The new kernel framework should handle any type of event from
different subsystems and between drivers, so that we can merge
the current sysmon_power with the event injection code in pmf(9).

What do people think? which name for the userland daemon would be
appropiate?

I'll work on it ASAP.

--
Juan Romero Pardines