Re: problems with sysmon power

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 10:40:47PM +0100, Matthias Drochner wrote:
> So to trigger this without ruining my battery I've modified the

You don't. The firmware will shutdown the system forcefully at a point
before the deep draining happens.

> sme_battery_critical() function in sysmon_envsys_events.c to
> just return "true", controlled by a global variable.
> With that variable set, the box shuts down. But it does so
> even if an AC adapter is connected. So the sme_acadapter_check()
> doesn't do it. That's a bug.

What does envstat report for the battery with and without AC adapter?
Note that it can take a few seconds until it switches between both modi.

> It is also extremely confusing that the actual charge state
> is called "capacity" throughout envsys, and that the bit
> telling whether a battery is being charged is called "charge".

This is not that confusing. After all the hardware limit is the capacity
(which is not constant...). The charge state is about the capacity range
the battery is currently in. The difference in the naming is that the
static units are capacities and the dynamic units are charges.

Joerg