Re: -current kernel headers vs. MS VC compiler

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 14:04:37 +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 10:11:26PM -0500, Rafal Boni wrote:
>
> > It looks like changes to the kernel headers over the last couple of months
> > have broken the ability to build things that rely on libsa, etc. with
> > compilers other than GCC & PCC.  Specifically, I can no longer build
> > hpcboot.exe with MS eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 after upgrading my kernel tree
> > to the head of trunk.
>
> Does Microsoft's compiler have a switch for C99 support? long long is
> standard compliant syntax after all. If it doesn't grok that, IMO it is
> not really worth supporting.

No, those compilers are not C99 and there's no switch.  We cannot "no
support them" b/c that's the only way we can build the bootloader for
hpc ports.

One option (that we already use for endian.h) is to make a private
copy of cdefs.h for use with hpcboot.

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost                       |       Zu Grunde kommen