Re: proplib documentantion enhancements

2008/1/5, David Holland <dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost>:
> On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 09:46:04AM +0000, Iain Hibbert wrote:
>  > I have no objections though I think code snippets might bulk out the
>  > manpages a bit much - if there were some regression testing code perhaps
>  > that could be alluded to instead?
>
> I don't think it's a good idea to train users to look at regression
> tests for code samples; test code tends to be evil, and when it's not
> evil often it's doing things that are subtly wrong or nonsensical,
> because such code (being unexpected) often triggers bugs.
>
> /usr/share/examples seems like a better place.
>
> --
> David A. Holland
> dholland%netbsd.org@localhost

1) I'll start with some conservative patches aiming at functions' return values.
2) Then, I'll come up with a few code snippets written in a didactic
manner for inclusion in /usr/share/examples. If there are objections,
I can always put them in our wiki.

I'll need some time, because I am doing my mandatory military service
in parallel.

Thank you all for the replies.

Regards,
Stathis Kamperis