Re: compat linux/linux32 uid16 functions cleanup+fixes

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 06:44:13PM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 07:01:17PM +0100, Nicolas Joly wrote:
> >
> > While performing some regressions tests under compat linux/linux32, i
> > noticed that some uid16 functions were failing ... I started fixing
> > them; and while here, made some other cleanups :
> > <URL:>
> >
> > Comments ?
> Do you need all the casts in:
> #define LINUXTOBSD_UID(u) \
>       (((linux_uid_t)(u) == (linux_uid_t)-1) ? (uid_t)-1 : (uid_t)(u))
> they look likely to be able to hide some errors.

Indeed, will cleanup.

> Also I think that tab/spaces are use randomly for the indentation!

Will check too.

> Otherwise I suspect you are trying harder than anyone else has to
> actually test some of the linux compat code!

May be i'm a little overzealous here ... This is mostly modifications
i have in my local tree for quite some time now and wanted to push
them out. I just recently added the missing bits to have all arch
fixed at the same time.

Nicolas Joly

Biological Software and Databanks.
Institut Pasteur, Paris.