Subject: Re: reboot due to critical battery level
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/20/2007 22:53:37
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:40:36 +0100
Bernd Ernesti <veego@NetBSD.org> wrote:

> You are talking about a notebook, but I see it from a server side where
> such an action can't and shouldn't happen. At least we don't have the
> infrastructure to deal with dual power supplies and the failure for of one
> it, where this should't primary be decided in the kernel, because it is
> not flexible enough and therefor not a good default action.

Try to read sysmon_envsys(9) good lord. And FYI, only acpibat(4) and
acpiacad(4) are using the SME_CLASS_ACADAPTER and SME_CLASS_BATTERY
device classes... so all that you said is simply false and wrong.

The code supports multiple AC adapters and batteries :-)

--
Juan Romero Pardines	- The NetBSD Project
http://plog.xtrarom.org	- NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish