Subject: Re: reboot due to critical battery level
To: None <>
From: Matthew Mondor <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/20/2007 11:48:30
On Thursday, 20 Dec 2007 10:41:04
"Jared D. McNeill" <> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:> There's kernel
> code that does it, too; before the fix was developed --> as you
> and others have noted, this is code that is improving very>
> rapidly -- I experienced a power-down while in single-user mode.>
> (Aside: there really needs to be a sysctl controlling what
> happens.  I,> for example, would prefer a suspend.)

> That's a horrible idea. You still need power to suspend to RAM.

Can't the low battery threshold also be configured though?  If so it
might make sense with 5% or so power (my laptop can remain suspended
for days with 5% battery, in fact I set its BIOS to do it as needed
(and use APM rather than ACPI with it on NetBSD).  So I can plug the
AC and resume operations without losing state.
Matthew Mondor