Subject: Re: reboot due to critical battery level
To: Dieter Baron <>
From: Juan RP <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/20/2007 15:16:44
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:11:32 +0100
Dieter Baron <> wrote:

> hi,
> yesterday my notebook shut down twice ``because the battary is
> critically low''.  Never mind that A/C was connected and the battery
> fully loaded.
>   So my question: Can I disable that shut down?  If not, where in the
> sources is it, so I can comment it out.
>   Once I can rely on my computer continuing to run, I'll try to debug
> why it thinks the battery is empty.
>   Any idea why it ignores the connected A/C?
>   For the record, this is NetBSD/i38 with a few day's old -current
> (post jmcneill-pm merge) on and IBM Thinkpad T42p, ACPI and acpi_bat
> are enabled.

Try updating your sources, this false positive was related to
some problems in the acpiec code.

The code is in sysmon_envsys_events.c, but if acpiec works you shouldn't
need to comment out that code. It's there for a good reason, to avoid
fscks if the laptop runs out of battery.

Juan Romero Pardines 	- The NetBSD Project 	- NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish