Subject: Re: remplacing page mappings behind uvm
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/02/2007 12:17:54
On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 04:21:05PM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> > Doesn't it have a uvm_page for each page in the (user) pmap, even thoses
> > backed by an uvm_object ?
>
> in this case, no.

Ok.

> > > it depends on how old "old xentools20" is.  see UPDATING rev.1.140.
> >
> > But it was in current, not in a release branch.
>
> i'm not sure how/which pkgsrc version is tied to netbsd releases.

pkgsrc is supposed to work on all supported NetBSD release (at this time,
this is from NetBSD-2.0 to current). This change to xentools20 didn't
prevent it from running on previous kernels.

But my comment was not really about pkgsrc itself but about the kernel.
You wouldn't have done such an ABI change in a NetBSD release branch;
and I think the IOCTL_PRIVCMD_MMAP* needs to be fixed on netbsd-4 too.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>